Friday, February 11, 2011

MCC Institute for Workforce Innovation outreach initiative

The MCC Institute for Workforce Innovation (I.W.I.) needs your help. I.W.I. has invited community partners to visit various MCC campuses and their points of distinction. From February-April, two dates each month will be available for tours, with room for 15-20 people per tour (see calendar below).


You can help by passing the word along to anyone in the metropolitan area who could benefit from learning more about MCC programs and services. The goal is to strengthen relationships with local government (city and county), the civic community, minority populations, and neighborhood and business leaders.

Calendar of I.W.I. Tours:

MCC-Penn Valley Health Science Institute
Feb. 18, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Feb. 25, 1-3 p.m.

MCC-Business & Technology
March 7, 1-3 p.m.
March 8, 1-3 p.m.

MCC-Blue River Precision Driving Track/ Fire&Police Programs
April 4, 1-3 p.m.
April 5, 1-3 p.m.

This initiative is being led by Juan Rangel, director of community engagement at I.W.I. Plans for tours to run at other campuses from April-July are currently underway. For more information, please contact Rangel at 816.604.1503, or at juan.rangel@mcckc.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment