The second round of Face-to-Face Lifestyle Coaching for MCC employees is being offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield (BC/BS) in conjunction with the MCC Living Well program. Employees who are members of the BC/BS insurance plan can meet monthly, at no cost, with a certified health coach, who is trained in psychology and health management.
The health coach will work one-on-one with employees in 25 minute
sessions to help develop personalized goals in a number of areas.
• Assistance in developing a personalized plan to improve health risks and changing long-held behaviors and habits
• Support and guidance during initial stages of change – which is a crucial time in behavior modification process
• Provide ongoing support and assistance to help you meet identified short and long-term goals
• Work to address environmental triggers that may interfere with goals
• Help identify ways to avoid triggers or develop new responses to triggers
The idea behind the program is that overall wellness is not related to one single health factor, but a combination of different physical and emotional health areas. Coaches will help combine these different factors into your own customized wellness plan to reach your goals.
Sign up at one of the following sessions:
Longview, Campus Center Admissions Office, room 213, April 18, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Penn Valley, PE Building, Room 023, April 19, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Penn Valley, PE Building, Room 023, April 20, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information contact Jenny Edwards at 816.604.1151.