Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jenny Steen - an inspirational "loser" at MCC-Blue River!

Jenny Steen, one of MCC-Blue River’s academic advisors, is entering week five of the Kansas City’s Fit Magazine’s Weight Loss Challenge.

“It has been a learning experience going through this” says Steen. “Initially I thought I would just work out a bunch and watch what I eat, and that is a lot of it, but there really is a science as to how much to work out and how many calories to take in.”

Moving full steam ahead, Steen has lost over nine pounds so far and has assumed a sensible and realistic approach to the weight loss process. “When I started this challenge, I wasn’t really sure what I was getting in to. I’ve been taking it day by day."

To date, one of Steen’s biggest surprises has been the amount of time one must invest into weight loss. Frequent trips to the grocery store, a rigorous (daily) workout regime and calculated meal planning have significantly impacted her weekly routine.

But Steen is as motivated as ever!

Many on the road to fitness can relate to one of Steen’s biggest challenges: that of self doubt. “Because this is a competition, I want to do the best that I can,"said Steen. “I can only do what I can do, so any loss is a good loss.”

She also credits her personal trainer, Sheila, from the MCC-Maple Woods Fitness Center, for much of her success. “She has been fabulous. She not only helps me with the strength training, but has also given me a ton of information about eating the right amount and types of food for this challenge.”

Steen encourages anyone ready to lose weight to meet with the Maple Woods Fitness Center employees. “They are definitely there to help all of us get healthy!”

Her last bit of advice for those in the midst of or about to embark on a weight loss journey is simple. “Don’t get frustrated! Stick with it!”adds Steen.

Follow Jenny Steen’s progress at http://www.kcfitmag.com/. Her weight loss videos are posted each Friday. Final weigh-in will be Nov. 3.

Good luck, Jenny! We’re all behind you!

No comments:

Post a Comment