The Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) invites applications for its 2011-2012 Fellowship Program in Higher Education Policy. Fellows will work closely with the commissioner of higher education and senior staff on the development of specific higher education policy issues, which will include conducting research and writing policy briefs for the department and external audiences. Specific assignments will be based on the mutual interests of the Fellow and the MDHE.
Stipend and Benefits
The Department provides a $1,000 per month stipend to subsidize living expenses.
• Faculty from a Missouri institution of higher education who are eligible for paid leave to gain experience in statewide planning, research, and public policy that will advance their administrative careers.
• Graduate students in the advanced stages of their academic programs and whose career path would benefit from experience in statewide planning, research, and policy development.
• Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
All applications should include:
1. A letter explaining the applicant’s interests and qualifications
2. A curriculum vitae
3. A letter of endorsement from the president or chief academic officer of the applicant’s home institution (for faculty); or a letter of endorsement from the department chair or an advisor from the applicant’s academic program.
4. Identification of the length of Fellowship sought (six months up to one year)
5. Identification of an available start date (between July 2011 and January 2012)
Application packets should be directed to:
Department of Higher Education
Attn: Policy Fellow Program
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, Mo. 65102-1469
Review of applications will begin on June 15, 2011, and will continue until the fellowship award is made. For additional information, contact Rusty Monhollon Rusty.Monhollon@dhe.mo.gov or 573.751.5221.