Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Outstanding Employee awards: Becky Schuering, Amy Slater

Two MCC-Blue River employees were honored alongside the high-achieving students at the awards ceremony this spring. Student Life and Leadership Coordinator Amy Slater and mathematics instructor Becky Schuering both received the “Outstanding Employee 2010-2011” award, an honor bestowed by student vote. Campus President Joe Seabrooks presented the awards on May 13.

Amy Slater, Student
Life and Leadership
coordinator
Amy Slater said that she was humbled by the award: “When I come to work each day, I bring a positive attitude and the ability to try and find a solution to every problem. It is my job is to help students during their college experience. I am honored and proud that students feel I go above and beyond the typical duties of my position.”

Amy always goes to great lengths for everyone on campus, so this is an award that she truly earns every day. She concluded her reaction to the award by saying, “I only hope to continue to live up to the award and what it stands for!”

Becky Schuering,
mathematics instructor
Becky Schuering reacted to the award, saying, “I was elated at receiving the Outstanding Employee award! To have my students take the time not only to vote, but also to write the wonderful things they did was very moving. I truly love to teach, and I am thrilled to have such fantastic students, faculty, and staff to work with.”

Both recipients are truly appreciated by the people who work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment